|« | < | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 ||
|Pico Hotel, Restaurant, and Stores - 1887
209 North Oak Avenue - 200 North Park Avenue
Built as a hotel in 1887 for Henry B. Plant, President of the Plant Investment Co. (PICO), this building served as a terminal hotel for the railroads and river steamboats that served Sanford. The architect was W.T. Cotter of Sanford (designer of the Cathedral of St. Augustine) and the builder was H.M. Papworth Construction Co. (Papworth was also Sanford's Fire Chief). The Turkish style resembles Plant's Tampa Bay Hotel. An onion dome originally topped the corner tower and a striped metal awning surrounded the first floor. For many years Bertha Takash ran a restaurant in the hotel. The brick building next door was also built by Mr. Plant in 1887 as additional retail space.
|Total images: 60 | Help|