|Image | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | > | »|
|First National Bank No. 1 - 1883
101 West First Street
This 1883 brick block was originally built as the Lyman Bank and is the oldest brick building in Sanford's downtown commercial district. The front door, which originally faced Park Avenue, has been moved twice. When the bank was reorganized as the First National Bank in 1908, the building was faced with marble and the door was moved to the corner. A later remodeling moved the door to its present location facing First Street. The organizational meetings to create Rollins College were held in this building. The city clock which now sits in Magnolia Square, was originally purchased for this building. Current home of the Corner Cafe'.
|Total images: 60 | Help|